There is a great number of periodicals present in the three major collections of our Library, these are literary, historic, religious journals and newspapers published on the Hungarian language area. Alongside the European scientific journals published from the second half of the 17th century until the beginning of the 18th century in Jena, Leipzig, Sank Petersburg, the Teleki Library also houses the first Hungarian periodical, the Bécsi Magyar Kurír starting with its first year from 1787. From the collection of the literary society of the Unitarian Gymnasium of Cristuru Secuiesc several curiosities have survived, like 1848-49 publications and other periodicals from the first half of the 19th century. The collection of periodicals from the library of the former Calvinist College comprises a rich collection of daily and weekly newspapers published from 1870 to 1944 in Târgu-Mureș. Today the library receives about 20 periodicals, both national and international scientific and literary journals.